Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wars for Fools

Recently I've been asked by nearly every gamer friend I know about which new generation system I'll be purchasing at the end of the year - The PS4 or the Xbone.

In all honesty, neither.

I rarely ever buy a new console system at release. I can't seem to find enough reasons to buy the system other then that its a new shiny piece of hardware to stick on my shelve and marvel over.

Now don't get my wrong, I hold nothing against those that buy new consoles but I'm just not one of them. I feel like in this day and age, the game-market super giants really doesn't treat their buyers like they have any common sense, which alot of the time, they don't. Slap a shiny piece of crap on the tv and say it has a FPS exclusive and the fanboys will go batshit. Blah.

Gone are the days of true gaming. Some might claim that the gaming industry has never been stronger, but can you really say that a market choking with generic first person shooters and simple to play handhelds strong? Either everything is mind numbing or so complex, you're nearly required to buy a guidebook just to understand how anything works.

I'm ranting at this point, but its my opinion and its my blog so I'm allowed..

Just this year I finally picked up the PS3. Its at its peak, it has a wonderful selection of great titles and downloadable features that only took it about 6 years to obtain.. I don't really find myself wishing I had bought it earlier either, since I had a great time still playing my PS2 up until now. Heck, I still play plenty of my PS2 games even after buying the PS3.

I think people forget that just because something is old or not heavy commercialized, isn't bad! Everything that you loved back in 04 is still great.

I just wish people would stop acting like mindless sheep, buying and fawning over everything Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo shits out every few years.. But they won't.. and the cycle will continue..

Now, Get off my lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment